Friday, September 12, 2014

The Kymmber Slouchy

After I learned how to knit by making the bear cowl, I decided that I wanted to have a go on making a more simple hat. I love the patterns made by Heidi May of The Velvet Acorn, so I selected one of her hats: the Kymmber Slouchy (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/kymmber-slouchy).


Needles:  U.S. 11 circular needle 16 inch, U.S. 13 circular needle 16 inch, U.S. 11 double pointed needles

Yarn: Super bulky weight yarn (120-150 yards) Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick yarn in green and blue

This was only my second knitting project ever, and I was able to make this in about a week! It was very satisfying to work with the chunky yarn, and the hat feels warm and cozy.



I found some beautiful, handmade buttons from a shop called Heartsupplies on Etsy. I actually got a bunch of different buttons and am thinking about making a few more of these hats to sell on my own shop for this coming cold season.


My son has really enjoyed wearing this hat; it keeps his had and ears warm, it doesn't fall off, it's soft, and he loves how it looks. I think he looks really cute in it too!



No comments:

Post a Comment